New President for The Brewers of Romania
- Bucharest, 23 January 2020
- Download document
Bucharest, January 22, 2020: The members of the Brewers of Romania have elected Mr. Dan Robinson, Managing Director HEINEKEN România, as their President. Starting January 1, 2020, Dan Robinson is taking over the position from Lucian Ghinea, General Director Bergenbier SA, who acted as President of the Association throughout 2018 and 2019.
„We are proud that HEINEKEN Romania is one of the Brewers of Romania Association’ founders and it is an honor for me to take on the role of President of the Association. In addition to the significant contribution that the beer sector has on the economy, we are pleased to be present in the lives of Romanian consumers. I look forward to working with all our partners to strengthen the positive impact of beer in Romania”, a declarat Dan Robinson.
Dan Robinson has been Managing Director of HEINEKEN Romania since October 2018. He joined HEINEKEN Group in 2005 and since then he has held several managerial positions in the UK and Netherlands markets. Prior to his appointment in Romania, he was Managing Director Europe Export and Global Duty Free within HEINEKEN Amsterdam.
About the local brewing sector
- The brewing market registered a 3% increase, with a volume of up to 16.6 million Hl
- The beer consumption per capita was 85 liters
- 97% local production
- 70% of the ingredients coming from the Romanian agriculture
- The segment of non-alcoholic beers, up by 30%
- Glass packaging up by 3.65 pp and PET packaging down by 5.83 pp over the last four years